- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
2. Christmas cards
3. People reading my stories/poetry
4. The best computer money can buy (Do you really expect me not to have this on the list?)
5. Sid Meier's Pirates! (And I believe I had this here last year too... :( )
6. No work on Christmas
8. Snow (really running out of ideas...)
9. Some money would always be nice...
10. Anything at all, really. All out of ideas now...
Not that I would expect to get much, but if needed, contact me at marek(at)yours-to-break.net
Also, you can add your address to my christmas card list here. And please give a name, OK? It would look very weird to send a card without a name. Yes, I mean cohort with this. Luckily I have the names of the other people who didn't give theirs from last year.